Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA
TAKEN FOR A RIDE
I love traveling in the country, but I don't like losing my way. I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected. "I'm going to Woodford green ,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus ," but 1 don't know where it is."' I'll tell you where to get off," answered the conductor.
I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside. After some time, the bus stopped. Looking round, I realize with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus. "You'll have to get off here", the conductor said. "This is as far as we go". "Is this Woodford Green?”, I asked "oh Dear, "said the conductor suddenly, " I forgot to put you off' . " It doesn't matter," I said" I'll get off here". We are going back now," said the conductor. Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus," I answered.
1. The orientation on recount tells us about ….
a. the setting d. the complication
b. the participant e. the setting and the participant
c. the event
2. The event on the recount text tells us about ….
a. set of time d. end of the text
b. the places e. character of the participant
c. what happen to participant
3. Closure of events has the same meaning with ….
a. conclusion c. summary e. review
b. final part d. reorientation
4. What is the orientation of the story above?
a. I love traveling but I don't like losing my way
b. I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected
c. I sat in front of the bus to get a good view
d. After some time, the bus stopped
e. I realize with shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus
5. Event I (one) is ….
a. When the writer sat in front of the bus to get a good view
b. The bus stopped and the writer realize that he was the only passenger on the bus
c. The conductor said that the writer had to get off here
d. The writer wanted to go the Woodford Green but he didn't know where it is
e. The conductor forgot to put the writer off
6. How is the story ending?
a. The bus went back into town
b. The writer got off the bus
c. The writer decided to go back again with the bus
d. The conductor will give a free ride
e. The conductor felt story
7. The reaction of the writer when he found out he was the only passenger on the bus....
a. He was ashamed c. He was disappointed e. He was shocked
b. He was angry d. He was regret
8. What is the synonym of “Excursion?"
a. a trip d. short journey for pleasure
b. traveling e. study tour
c. long journey
9. Jo : “How do you do? My name’s Jo. I am from LA.”
Dita : “……....? I am Dita, from
. I am glad to meet you.” Melbourne
Jo : “I am glad to meet you to.”
a. how do you do
b. how are you today
c. very well, thank you
d. I am fine, thank you
e. Not at all
10 Dimas asks Ima to go to the movie together.
Dimas : “…………….,Ima?
Ima : “Yes certainly, babe!
a. Should I go with you
b. Would you like to go with me to the cinema?
c. Don’t go away
d. Do I go with you?
e. Go with me!
11. Clieff : “Hello ….... arrange an appointment with the dentist”
Donna : “Hello! Well, I’ll check his schedule first.”
a. How do you do d. I want
b. How are you e. I suggest to
c. I’d like to
12. Dana usually ……….... to school on foot
a. go d. gone
b. goes e. I suggest to
c. has gone
13. He doesn’t ….. enough money to buy anew car.
a. had d. have
b. owned e. has
c. has been
One day Mrs. Steele saw a mouse running across her kitchen floor. She was very afraid of mice, so she ran of the house, got in the bus and went to a shop. There she bought a mouse trap. The shopkeeper said to her, "put some cheese in it. And you will soon catch a mouse".
Mrs. Steele went home with her mouse trap, but when she looked in her cupboard, she could not find any cheese in it. She did not want to go back to the shops, because it was very late. Then she got an idea. She cut a picture of some cheese out of a magazine and put that in the trap.
Surprisingly, the picture of the cheese was quite successful. When Mrs. Steele carne down to the kitchen in the next morning, there was a picture of a mouse in the trap beside the picture of the cheese.
14. Who is the participant in the text?
a. Mrs. Steele c. The shopkeeper e. The bus driver
b. The mouse d. The trap
15. How's Mrs. Steele's character ?
a. courageous c. brave e. coward
b. patient d. fearless
16. What did she want to do when she found out there's a mouse in the kitchen?
a. She ran out of the house
b. She got on the bur and went to a shop
c. She bought a mouse trap
d. She wanted to catch the mouse
e. She cut the picture of some cheese put in the trap
17. The true according to the text are the following, except ….
a. Mrs. Steele was very afraid of mice
b. The shopkeeper told her to put a cheese in the trap
c. Mrs. Steele could not find any cheese in the cupboard
d. She got an idea of cutting the picture of a cheese
e. The trap was success catching the mouse
18. What's funny about the text?
a. The picture of a mouse in the trap beside trap
b. The trap was successful
c. The mouse was clever
d. There was a mouse beside the trap
e. The mouse is still free
19. You will say ......... after you finish talking someone.
a. How are you ? c. How do you do? e. See you later
b. That's for now d. Good afternoon
20. I ... a letter yesterday
a. Written c. Was writing e. Writes
b. Wrote d. Writing
21. I asked my father to take me to school. The negative form for the sentences is ....
a. I don't ask my father to take me school
b. I didn't asked my father to take me to school
c. I asked my father to not take to school
d. I didn't ask my father to take to school
e. I wasn't ask my father to take to school
Today, we have a new member in our family. It has soft white fur and likes to lick its paws. It is also very curious and likes to explore its new surrounding. It seems to like milk and fish a lot and waits eagerly as we prepare its meal. Yes! It is our new cat!
Father saw it purring by the side of the road just now, and decided to bring it home. Now it has become our family cat. I love it very much and named it Ginger.
Ginger seems to like me a lot too and follows me wherever I go. I like to tickle its belly and it will always purr in satisfaction.
Father promised he will buy a cushion for Ginger to sleep on the next day. But tonight, it will share the bed with me!
22. The writer has gotten a new ….. as a pet.
23. How could the writer get his new pet?
a. she bought it
b. she brought it
c. she fount it
d. her father bought it
e. her father brought it
24. What is the writer writing? She is writing …..
25. What is the genre of the text …..
26. What did the writer father promise to do ? .
a. bring a cat home
b. buy a cat for the writer
c. buy a cushion for the cat
d. share the bed with the writer
e. follow the writer wherever she goes
27. The generic structure of the text is …..
a. orientation – event – reorientation
b. introduction–complication– conclusion
c. orientation – reorientation – resolution
d. introduction – event – twist
e. orientation – complication – conflict
28. I dropped my favorite vase. It fell on the floor and……into a hundred pieces
a, break b. broke c. broken
d. breaks e. brake
29. When I went shopping yesterday, I….some light bulbs and a cooking pot
a. bought b. buy c. buys
d. buyes e. buyer
30. The sun……..at this morning
a. Rise b. Rises c. Risen
d. Rose d. Riser
Choose the best answer
It’s 7;30 A.M and the
are in their kitchen. Mrs. Wilson……(31) at the breakfast table. She….(32) the Morning paper. Mr. Wilson….(33) a cup of coffee. He…(34) two cups of coffee every morning before he…(25) to work. There is a cartoon on TV, but the children…(36) it. They…(37) with their toys instead. They…(38) to watch cartoons. Wilson
31. a. has sitting b. sits c. is sitting d. are sitting e. sit
32. a. reads b. read c. ridden d. is reading e. has read
33. a. is pouring b. pour c. pours d. poured e. pourer
34. a. drink b. drank c. drunk d. is drinking e. drinks
35. a. go b. went c. gone d. goes e. is going
36. aren’t watching b. aren’t watched c. isn’t watching d. isn’t watched e. watches
37. are playing b. is playing c. play d. plays e. played
38. doesn’t like b. don’t like c. like d. liked e. liked
39. Yudhis : what a nice day, the sun shines brightly. Would you please accompany me to go to prom night party?
Ajeng : oh that sounds nice, but I can go because I’ve promised with my boy friend to accompany him to go to the mall.
The underline sentence express:
a. greeting b. introducing c. leave taking
d. accepting invitation e. refusing invitation
40. Ihsan : Intan this is Aulia, my roommate. Aulia this is Intan my girl friend.
Intan : Nice to meet you, Aulia.
Aulia : Nice to meet you, too.
The dialogue above is about:
a. greeting b. introducing c. leave taking
d. accepting invitation d. refusing invitation
Once upon a time, King Rock brought his bast knights and soldiers to besiege
They surrounded the castle for days, trapping the Lord Vernon inside.
However, they refused to surrender. They fought hard to defend their castle.
One day, Sir Paul, a brave and courageous knight, put on a disguise and went out of
castle. He walked stealthily to enter the king’s camp. However, he was discovered by the king’s soldiers. They chased after him shouting, “A spy! A spy!” Vernon
Sir Thompson, one of the king’s knights, caught him. They fought badly. Sir Paul tried to run away quickly to the
castle. However, Sir Thompson could catch up with him again. Vernon
Just as he was about stab Sir Paul with his sword, he heard someone screaming, “Please don’t kill him.”
Looking up, Sir Paul saw a beautiful lady with fair hair. It was his sister, Lady Etvia.
“Both of you are brave knights, “She said. “This war has been fought by brave and chivalrous knights and soldiers. But, we women and children suffer because there is no food to eat.”
Sir Paul and Sir Thompson looked at one another dumbfounded. They were surprised by what the lady had said. No one had ever been brave enough to speak to the knights like this. They promised Lady Etvia to tell their king and King Rock made an agreement. Each of them would choose a knight won, the king would end the slegr. But if the lord’s knight lost, the king would take over Lord Vernon’s castle and his people must surrender. Sir Paul was chosen to flight for Lord Vernon and Sir Thompson was chosen for the king.
Both knights were strong and powerful. They fought like two fierce lions in the sun. Suddenly, Sir Paul struck a blow so strong that Sir Thompson fell to the ground.
’s people cheered while the king’s army groaned. Sir Thompson bowed his head humbly and prepared himself for death. Vernon
41. They chased after him shouting, “A spy! A spy!”
Who said “A spy! A spy!”?
a. King Rock d. The Lord Vernon’s soldiers
b. The Lord Vernon e. Sir Thompson
c. The king Rock’s soldiers
- What would have happened if the two knights had not obeyed what Lady Etvia had said?
a. Women and children would have been brave
b. The two knight would have been straving
c. The two knight would have been brave
d. Women and children would have suffered
e. They were surprised
43. What is the relationship between Sir Paul and Lady Etvia?
a. Lady Etvia is his wife d. Lady Etvia is his aunt
b. Sir Paul is her brother e. Lord Vernon.
c. Both of them are knights
44. Who was Lady Etvia actually?
a. She was the beautiful and wise lady
b. She was mother of Sir Thompson
c. She was a friend of both Sir Thompson and Sir Paul
d. She was the beautiful lady who loved wars
e. She was beautiful lady who loved them
45. How did the story end?
a. it ended disappointedly
b. it ended unclearly
c. it ended unhappily
d. it ended happily
e. it ended excited.
46. From the next we can conclude that?
a. Sir Thompson was stronger than Sir Paul
b. Sir Paul was weaker than Sir than Sir Thompson
c. Sir Paul was stronger than Sir Thompson
d. Both of them were strong and powerful
e. Sir Thompson bowed his head
47. In a fable, a lion is a…for all animal characters in the jungle.
a. strong d. queen
b. weak e. strongest
48. He ‘d….his assailant for an hour when the assistance soldier came.
a. fight d. struck
b. fought e. strike
49. The King had ….. from serious illness for seven years before he finally dead.
a. struggle d. suffered
b. fight e. suffer
50. What is the genre of the text?
a. Narrative b. Recount c. Descriptive d. Spoof e. Procedure
Sumber : Banks Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas X dan XI
|MASUKKAN TOMBOL TWEET DISINI||